This week, as part of #LoveLambWeek, we're celebrating all the reasons we love Scotch Lamb!
- Scotch Lamb is sustainable – While over 80% of Scottish farmland isn’t suitable for crops, it is ideal for lamb production and Scotch Lamb is produced with some of world’s lowest greenhouse emissions.
- Scotch Lamb is born, reared and processed in Scotland – by buying and eating Scotch Lamb we support a circular economy and support a whole host of Scottish people and businesses.
- Scotch Lamb is a rich source of protein – it’s
perfect for filling our bellies and building muscle.
- Scotch Lamb is naturally low in sodium – too much sodium can lead to high blood pressure and heart disease.
- But high in potassium – a mineral that supports healthy blood pressure.
- Scotch Lamb is high in vitamin B12
– which supports energy production in the body and can reduce fatigue.
- It is reared respectfully - with very high animal welfare standards.
- Its origins are traceable – and guarantees it fully satisfies strict guidelines which demand a proven link between the traditions and environment of Scotland as well as ensuring it’s of the highest quality.
- It’s flexible and can be used in a wide variety of dishes – from a traybake with Roasted Squash, Beetroot and Honey Mustard Lentils to a Sunday roast, you’ll never tire of Scotch Lamb.
- Scotch Lamb is very versatile and tastes delicious – nom nom nom!!